Greetings and welcome to the BAT Chapter page. We are so grateful that you have chosen to possibly get more involved. We are rapidly growing and will soon be in 14 States and several countries. Our expectations are simple: We want to build a community that works together to eliminate human sex trafficking. We build awareness, develop a presence, come together to fund housing for those who have survived, do at least one fundraising ride a year, have monthly chapter meetings and then enjoy the breeze on the knees.
We believe we have a powerful mission and we are sold out and we are looking for people who want more than a patch. People who want to make a difference.
Doc and Rainey
We are a not for profit 501c3 organization that is registered under the IRS code. We do this because BikersAgainstTrafficking is the motorcycle outreach that is designed to reach out to bikers and those who are like minded.
We have chapters so that we can work together with accountability. By being a "chapter" we can participate, have other groups support us and they can wear the smaller patch on their vests as a "support patch." Those support patches can be purchased from out store and anyone can wear them. (be aware the support patch does not say support on it, it is simply a smaller patch pictured above left).
To organize a chapter in your area (here is what is required): ALSO, IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE TO BE A CHAPTER BUT SIMPLY WANT TO WORK WITH US IN SOME OFFICIAL CAPACITY PLEASE SEE THE PARTNERSHIP/AFFILIATION AGREEMENT ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. CLICK THE BUTTON AND YOU WILL SEE THAT OPTION.
1. Fill out an application (each member). This just lists the basics but does allow us to do a nationwide background check. The only type of crime that would disallow you from wearing the back patch is a sex crime as a perp. There is a $50.00 fee for this background check. The total fee for membership is $125.00 which includes the back patch, background check and shirt.
2. Designate who is the President of your group. We refer to the leader of your group as the Chapter President. This person will have to agree to communicate with us monthly, or designate someone who will on their behalf. You can select other people to assist such as communication director, etc... It is also recommended that you select a Vice-President and let us know that person as well. We require at least two people to start a chapter.
3. Your group will have to purchase the back patches from the International office and other items as well... unless other arrangements are made. Please see store link for more details.
4. We ask that you run a Facebook page. We will provide links to it on our national Facebook page and website.
5. You will need to conduct one poker run/rally a year at minimum (or fundraiser). 90% of all funds raised will be kept for your group to use and 10% will be given to the national organization to help with overhead expenses. (FL groups give 50% but this can be discussed). We really don't care when you have the run but feel as it is important to use the run or something similar to build awareness.
6. Outside of the Poker Run/Rally that is held yearly, each group will be asked to send in 10% of all funds raised to help support the national outreach and organization. We advertise in national magazines, have a presence in the Netherlands,Canada and Ukraine through partnerships and will be developing more of these as the organization grows. We also ask for a yearly report to be given of all funds raised and where those funds went. We ask for monthly reports to be sent updating us on all activities. Remember our number one goal is to eradicate human sex trafficking! Our activities should reflect this.
7. At a certain point in time, we will hold a national or regional rally to educate, equip, empower and just have some fun as a larger family. For 2020 the national rally will be held the first Friday night in Sturgis.
8. You will be asked to complete an online course in human trafficking that we conduct via our Youtube video. Please click on the link and watch the video. This is important!!! THIS IS THE VIDEO THAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE INVOLVED WITH US MUST WATCH. There is no substitute for this requirement.
9. Finally, you will be asked to sign a statement supporting the stand against human sexual trafficking.
10. Last but not least, we will attempt to visit with your group at least once yearly, as we are available and able.
If you feel led to start up a group in your area please let us know.
*If you would like to apply please click on the application below and print it out and then mail it in. The Handbook also helps you understand how we are organized. Thanks.
If you are interested in becoming a Chapter Member or Affiliate Group/Member please fill out the appropriate applications at the bottom of this page under "Downloads."
Our Handbook explains who is eligible to become a member and what we are all about and how to run a Chapter. Please open the link under the "download" section to read the handbook.
On the front of the vest, left side if you are wearing it, right side as you look at it, should be your name (biker name) and position (if you have one). The rest of the front you can do what you want just be tasteful and don't wear anything that goes against what BAT stands for.
(another option: as long as the entire chapter decides you can split the name and position)
On the back of the best, BAT patch in the back and do not do anything that would make it look like a 3 piece patch or that would emphasize a territory. You can put other things on it just be tasteful and make sure it is not against what we stand for.
We are not affiliated with any 1% groups. We are an association and not a motorcycle three piece patch club.
The International Officers wear their Biker Name and positions over their heart.
Chapter Members and Officers must match. Each Chapter has to be consistent. You can wear the information like the International or wear name over heart and position on the right.
We don't want the back too cluttered but we do want to honor individuality. Be respectful and if you wear any support patches they must be cleared by National.