Making a Difference ONE person at a time.
Rainey and Doc are the Founders of Bikers Against Trafficking. Started in January 2016 BAT, headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida has grown to be international in its reach. The goal to eradicate human sex trafficking drives us all forward!
Our main office is located at 1349 S. International Parkway, Suite 2421, Lake Mary, FL 32746.
Bikers Against Trafficking is an international Faith Based
We are a non-profit that mobilizes members of the motorcycle community (and those like minded) to help eradicate human sex trafficking & restore those impacted through: building awareness; clinical trauma counseling; job placement; housing assistance and mentoring. We also fight against "demand" by providing addiction counseling & intervention.
What makes Bikers Against Trafficking (BAT) unique is that we don't simply talk about making a difference we MAKE a difference. We help extricate those stuck in the life, we provide counseling--help--resources and are in the process of raising money to provide housing for those who have survived. We also have a specialized part of BAT that works behind the scenes to eliminate the demand side. We believe we are to make a difference by getting involved!
Modern-day slavery, or human trafficking exists whenever people are bought and sold for forced labor, organs, forced marriage and commercial sex. Around the world, there are an estimated 40 million slaves today. Human sex trafficking has been reported in all provinces in Canada, all Countries in the world and in 50 U.S. states. The number of people being sex trafficked in the United States is estimated to be 1.5 million people as of today. Most who are trafficked in the US are US citizens, the average age is 11, and the average lifespan is 7 years. (Canada is just now getting good stats but knows there are over 17,000 at present, 93% of who are Canadian citizens). According to UNICEF, every 2 minutes a child is taken into slavery around the world and in the United States we know that a child is taken into slavery every 2.5 hours. (see our statistics and source page for more information)
Bikers are invaluable in the fight against this heinous crime. As the eyes and ears of our communities you are in a unique position to spot traffickers who seek to exploit human beings for sex and to see their victims and then DO something about it. We are forming Chapters around the world and seeking to build an army who want to do more than "talk" about things. A group of people who want to role up their sleeves and make a difference.
Bikers Against Trafficking (BAT) is a group of dedicated people who stretch across the globe in an effort to eliminate human sex trafficking. We do MORE than simply talk about the problem--we roll up our sleeves and tackle the problem. (Each chapter provides unique services but through the combined efforts all our Chapters here is what we provide)
1. We provide quality "trauma informed" clinical therapy to all who have survived and their families. If they do not have any insurance we provide our services free of charge. (International Office)
2. We provide daily living supplies to those in need. Toiletries, clothes, bedding, etc...
3. We provide awareness training. We speak at churches, groups, organizations, mental health gatherings, State departments, youth groups, schools, military bases, colleges, etc... We have been featured in 2 documentaries, helped create one film and are working on creating another. In short, we will go anywhere to speak. We seek to make a difference.
4. We provide training on how to work with those who have survived human sex trafficking, what the state of this scourge is in our society, and how to implement the best care possible.
5. We provide housing for those who have survived human sex trafficking. At present we house those who have survived utilizing various resources--homes, apartments, etc... while we raise money to build/acquire several houses in the Central Florida area. We are calling this project "Healing Place." We also help support two houses for those who have survived in Mexico and the Ukraine. Alberta is also working on starting a home and we are working with Not4Sale to see that happen.
6. We create Chapters for those bikers who are like minded to form communities of family and friendship to band together to fight human sex trafficking. We also participate in many charity rides, help others as often as we can and attempt to live life FULL of meaning and purpose.
7. We partner with affiliate groups who seek to do things together. We have partners in three countries and around the United States at present.
8. Last but not least, we provide clinical trauma counseling and awareness to those who are on the demand side. We are building a team of activists who are determined to eliminate demand. (International Office)
Our founders work at an Addiction Treatment Center with locations in Debary and Lake Mary, Florida called Sojourners. Doc also runs a not for profit mental health center as well called Family4Today and heads up a small Personal Protection Business called Smoking Pirate.
Rainey is the Executive Director of Healing Place and International Vice-President of Bikers Against Trafficking. She is an Addiction and Clinical Trauma Therapist, Biker & survived a lifetime of being trafficked. She is a passionate advocate for freedom!
Doc is the International President of BAT and the Chairman of the Board. He is a licensed mental health counselor, master certified addiction counselor, AMHCA Diplomate with a specialist in trauma counseling, biker, pastor and abolitionist. Doc has also survived years of abuse and traume. And Yes, and he has a doctoral degree in therapy.
Jersey and Nonna keep us running right. This incredible couple has a heart of gold and we are so blessed to have their positive attitude and willingness to keep us in touch with reality. Nonna is the secretary of the International Board.
Flip is everywhere. A great guy who seeks to build connections with everyone, who plans events throughout the world and is in charge of raising the funds for housing. Way to go!!!
Gunny is our Canada Director and President of the Okotokos Chapter. If you are interested in starting a chapter in Canada please reach out to him. Gunny.Bat@gmail.com
Your generous gift will help us fund our mission to help those in need. At present we are raising funds to build houses to give those who have survived a place to live. Together, we can make a difference.