Bikers Against Trafficking is a 501(c)3 non-profit that exists to educate, equip, empower and mobilize members of the motorcycle community (AND THOSE LIKE MINDED) to combat human sex trafficking by building awareness, providing clinical trauma counseling, giving resources and providing housing for survivors.
Modern-day slavery, or human trafficking exists whenever people are bought and sold for forced labor or commercial sex. Around the world, there are an estimated 24 million slaves today. Human sex trafficking has been reported in all 50 states, and the number of people being sex trafficked in the United States is estimated to be 1.5 million people as of today. Most who are trafficked in the US are US citizens, the average age is 11, and the average lifespan is 7 years.
Bikers are invaluable in the fight against this heinous crime. As the eyes and ears of our communities you are in a unique position to spot traffickers who seek to exploit human beings for sex and to see their victims and then DO something about it. We are forming Chapters around the world and seeking to build an army who want to do more than "talk" about things. A group of people who want to role up their sleeves and make a difference.
Bikers Against Trafficking (BAT) is a group of dedicated people who stretch across the globe in an effort to eliminate human sex trafficking. We do MORE than simply talk about the problem--we roll up our sleeves and tackle the problem.
1. We provide quality "trauma informed" clinical therapy to all survivors and their families. If they do not have any insurance we provide our services free of charge.
2. We provide daily living supplies to those in need. Toiletries, clothes, bedding, etc...
3. We provide awareness training. We speak at churches, groups, organizations, mental health gatherings, State departments, youth groups, schools, military bases, colleges, etc... We have been featured in a documentary, helped create one film and are working on creating another. In short, we will go anywhere to speak. We seek to make a difference.
4. We provide training on how to work with survivors of human sex trafficking, what the state of this scourge is in our society, and how to implement the best care possible.
5. We provide housing for survivors of human sex trafficking. At present we are involved in the housing of two survivors and are actively building connections and raising money to build/acquire several houses in the Central Florida area. We are calling this project "Healing Place."
6. We create Chapters for those bikers who are like minded to form communities of family and friendship to band together to fight human sex trafficking. We also participate in many charity rides, help others as often as we can and attempt to live life FULL of meaning and purpose.
7. We partner with affiliate groups who seek to do things together. We have partners in three countries and around the United States at present.
Doc is our International President. He is a Clinical Trauma Therapist, Certified Human Trafficking Investigator, Biker, Pastor/Missionary & trauma survivor .
Rainey is our International Vice-President. She is an Addiction and Clinical Trauma Therapist, Biker & survived a lifetime of being trafficked. She is a passionate advocate for freedom!
Gizmo is our National Chaplain and the Florida "founding" Chapter President. His lovely bride, Janette is also part of the team.
Running an awareness event in Melbourne. (We almost died as none of us are runners and they would not let us take our bikes)
Your generous gift will help us fund our mission to help those in need. At present we are raising funds to build houses to give survivors a place to live. Together, we can make a difference.